Monday, November 19, 2007

Monday, November 19th - 5:30 PM

When Tina called me at 5:30, she was only 13 miles from Red Bluff which means she would be at my mom's CPR/First Aid office in less than 15 minutes. She'll be staying with my parents until either Thursday night or Friday morning I believe. Then she'll have one more long day of driving to make it up to BC.

The drive today went reasonably well - she missed the I5 just south of Bakersfield and ended up on the hwy 99 at Delano before she realized it. She called me about that around noon and I googled a map and gave her directions over the phone for the most direct route back to the I5. It meant she had to backtrack about 40 miles, but it was worth it considering the time she'd save by driving the I5 verses the single lane Hwy 99. And it looks like she missed the rush hour traffic around Sacramento since she made it to Red Bluff before 6pm. Tina had called me about 40 miles south of Sacramento at 3:30 this afternoon to give me an update on her progress.

I just called her about 20 minutes ago (6:45ish) and she was waiting for my mom at a restaurant with Lil' G (our youngest sister), Lil' G's boyfriend and Little-Lan (Renée's son). From the sound of it, they were having tons of fun. So, unless Tina updates me while she's in Red Bluff, I'll probably won't post here again until she's on her way north again.

Today's travel distance was 650 miles and took just over 9 hours. Trip total: 1,700 miles in 30 hours.

- posted by ioi

2 Comments:

Blogger Raylori said...

It is nice to hear that Tina made it to her parents safely. Can't imagine traveling that far with two kids by myself. I pray she makes it the rest of her trip ok.

9:06 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yea! She's here! Hope we get to see everyone on Wednesday night!

Thanks for doing the updates, ioi...especially with all that's going on at your house these days!!

AC

11:37 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home